I sat in a basement this afternoon for three hours around a table bathed in candlelight with some actors and read a play.
I'm not clear at this time on what happened in that play.
I am confident clarity will arrive by the time we start doing this play for audiences. I have asked for a small tan rabbit as a prop.
Lesson of the afternoon- when rinsing your coffee mug after having been forced to dissolve half a chocolate bar into the coffee to lend it a semblance of sweetness, do take care to thoroughly rinse. Otherwise unsuspecting people trying to clean may glance down into said mug and think it's full of poop.
Last night I saw a concert. Under a pointy white metal tent. The concert was very well done. I sat in the farthest rear of the ampitheater on a concrete slab because I'd rather get digested by a crocodile than stand amid the crush of concert-goers down near the stage. The group performing sang a song about side ponytails. While it was being sung, I watched a girl remove her boyfriend's hair from his man-bun and rearrange it into the hairstyle being suggested. Then I didn't care about that anymore because a stage hand boogied out onto stage holding a gigantic inflatable pony and my jaw involuntarily dropped for the first time in my life.
I met a South African woman named Thimbekele who was awesome. She had not seen her mother for ten years until a few weeks ago when she took her son on a trip to Johannesburg to meet his grandmother for the first time. Thimbekele was calm and jolly. She agreed that too much air-conditioning is not okay.
I met a blue-shirted boy named Beau. He was also jolly- jolly and engaging. Very eager to learn about his dinner companions and see that everyone had all the drinks they needed.
I participated in FaceTime for the FirstTime. That was a good experience. A girl slept in horn-rimmed glasses with her hands folded stiffly over her phone against her chest like a still vampire at the same time.
I saw the word "Chrisley" for the first time.
It's so hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment